COVID-19 Emergency Relief Loan
- Rates as low as 6.99%*
- Loan amount up to $3,500*
- Term up to 30*months
- No Payments for the first 90 days
- New money only
- APR based on a $3,500 loan at 30 months with a monthly payment of $128.99 and a final payment of $128.28.
- Loan subject to approval
*Loan amount may vary based on credit worthiness. Limited time offer.
You can now apply for a 30-day payment extension for any loan and/or credit card. This will allow anyone suffering from a loss of income or other hardship to postpone payment on any loan, including home equity and first mortgage loans.
Interest on loans and credit cards will continue to accrue at the normal rate. This may extend the term on the life of the loan.
Although things will look different, we are happy to announce that beginning Monday, June 22, 2020, our lobby will be open to serve our members on a limited basis. This decision comes after much discussion and understanding of the requirements set forth by the Governor. We will continue to monitor the COVID-19 pandemic and take precautions to remain healthy, keeping the member experience free of service interruptions, as well as implementing extra cleaning measures.
As we re-open and continue to adapt to ongoing changes, our guiding principle is mutual respect. We may have different points of view, but we all need to cooperate with our guidelines to ensure the safety of our staff and members.
Safety of our staff and members is paramount to any decision we make in reopening and because of this we have developed some safety guidelines that we will ask everyone to follow when entering the branch:
- Per the Massachusetts COVID-19 Order #31 and the safety and well-being of our staff and members, all members (2 years of age or older) entering the credit union will be required to wear a face mask/covering
- We have installed plexiglass dividers at all teller windows and member service desks
- Decals will be placed on the floor to assist with maintaining social distancing
- We will be limiting the number of members that are allowed into the credit union at any one time
- We will provide and ask all members to sanitize their hands upon entering the credit union
- We ask that only the member conducting the transaction enter the credit union
- We will provide pens to members and ask that once you pick up a pen that you take it with you when you have completed your transaction(s)
- We will ask all members to exit immediately at the completion of your transaction
- We will be cleaning daily, and all high touch areas will be cleaned multiple times per day with disinfectants
To continue to ensure the well-being of all staff and members we will ask members to refrain from entering the credit union if:
- You or someone in your household is being observed for or has COVID-19
- You or someone in your household is experiencing or has in the last 14 days had any COVID-19 symptoms as identified by the CDC (runny nose, sore throat, fever of 100.4 or higher)
In continuing our goal to return to regular operations we will be extending our office hours beginning Monday, July 6, 2020, to 9 AM to 4 PM Monday through Friday.
Common Trust is striving to do the best we can to serve our membership. By instituting these new guidelines, we further protect our employees and members to make sure we can continue to provide excellent service.
I want to thank you for being a member of the credit union, we appreciate your understanding and support during this difficult time. Please do not hesitate to call me directly at 781-469-1101 or email me at [email protected] if you have any questions or concerns.
James M. McCorkle
President and Chief Executive Officer
Published March 24, 2020
COVID-19 Update – New Branch Hours Effective Tuesday, March 24, 2020
The health and well-being of our members and our employees continues to be our top priority here at Common Trust Federal Credit Union. I would like to provide an update on our operations:
The CDC, the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and the US government all have been very clear in their appeal to social distancing and to avoid contact. We are doing our part to heed the plea and the credit union will do everything possible to help flatten the curve and stop the spread of COVID-19. This morning Governor Baker issued a Stay-At-Home Advisory therefore, we are temporarily adjusting how we service your credit union needs.
Effective Tuesday, March 24, the hours and availability of our branches will be as follows:
Our Woburn office hours are Monday thru Friday from 9 am – 3 pm. All office visits will be BY APPOINTMENT ONLY and MUST be pre-arranged ahead of time by calling 781-933-2600. We will be closed on Saturday and Sunday.
Visit our website for up to date information.
Please remember; you do not have to physically come to our credit union office to conduct your normal banking. We have many services and resources available for you to bank remotely:
- Credit and Debit Cards will allow you to complete transactions without needing cash
- Online applications will allow you to apply for loans or new accounts
- Common Trust FCU is part of the CO-OP and SUM Atm Networks
- Online Banking will allow you 24/7 account access to check balances, transfer money, make loan and credit card payments, pay bills and receive e-statements
- Mobile Banking and Remote Deposit Capture for CHECK deposits, are processed at regular intervals throughout the day.
- CardNav and MyMobileMoney will help you protect your credit and debit cards by turning your card off when you’re not using it.
If you do not have a CTFCU debit card, now is the time to get one. Please call Member Services at 781-933-2600.
It is important to remember that there is no safer place to have your money right now than this credit union. Your money is safe, secure and federally insured to at least $250,000 and backed by the full faith and credit of the United States Government National Credit Union Administration, a U.S. Government Agency. Common Trust deposits are also now insured by MSIC insurance. MSIC now fully insures excess shares and deposits above the federal insurance limit of $250,000 at Common Trust Federal Credit Union. MSIC fully insures, without limits, excess shares and deposits that exceed NCUSIF coverage. In other words, deposits of members of Common Trust Federal Credit Union are now insured in full. Excess Deposit Insurance provides safety, simplicity and convenience to depositors, at no direct cost to the individual credit union member.
Please be aware: Scammers are taking advantage of fears surrounding the Coronavirus. Please visit the Federal Trade Commission to learn more.
Our intent is to allow access to the credit union, if we can. However, as information is changing on an hourly basis, we will do what is needed to protect the health and safety of our members and our employees.
I thank you for being a member of the credit union, today and in the future, and we appreciate your understanding and support during this challenging time.
We wish all our members good health in the days to come.
James M. McCorkle
President and Chief Executive Officer
Common Trust Federal Credit Union 8 Cedar Street Woburn, MA 01801 781 933-2600
Published March 19, 2020
Keeping our employees and members safe is our first priority.
Common Trust has been monitoring this outbreak and the reports from the Center for Disease Control (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO), and state and local authorities since the beginning to make proactive adjustments to our preparedness and response plan. We continue to implement procedures to protect our employees and members. Our branch is undergoing a full nightly cleaning provided by a professional cleaning crew and our staff are wiping down surfaces during the day. Also, employees have been educated on cough and sneeze hygiene, as well as hand washing procedures. Below are some changes we have implemented to make sure your finances—and your well-being—are completely taken care of.
Modified Staffing & Hours
• Office hours beginning Monday March 23, 2020 will be M-F 9:00 am – 4:00 pm.
Extended hours on Thursdays will be suspended for the time being.
- We will remain open for members to conduct transactions in-person but will be reducing our staff in the office to reduce risk to our members & employees.
- We ask for your patience during this time as you may experience a longer wait than usual.
To continue to prioritize the health and safety of our members and employees we will be POSTPONING our annual meeting. We will announce a new date in the coming months.
- Our mobile app and online banking platforms are available for 24/7 access to your account. You can view transactions, check balances, make payments, make deposits and more from the comfort of your home.
- We have increased the daily withdrawal limits on all debit cards to $1,000 for the time being
- Our audio banking system will provide you balances or allow you to make transfers by calling 781-933-2600 option 1.
- Need help setting up online, mobile, or audio banking? Our skilled team can help. Give us a call at 781-933-2600.
Your Deposits Are Safe
We understand with the uncertainty in the markets that some members might be concerned about deposits or might be looking for a safe place to put money that is being withdrawn from the market. Common Trust deposits are ensured by NCUSIF up to $250,000 and we are now able to offer MSIC insurance. MSIC fully insures excess shares and deposits above the federal insurance limit of $250,000 at Common Trust Federal Credit Union. MSIC fully insures, without limits, excess shares and deposits that exceed NCUSIF coverage. In other words, deposits of members of Common Trust Federal Credit Union are now insured in full. Excess Deposit Insurance provides safety, simplicity and convenience to depositors, at no direct cost to the individual credit union member.
Experiencing Financial Hardship? We Can Help.
During this unprecedented period, if you are experiencing financial hardship, please reach out to us. If you have been affected with a loss in income during this time, we encourage you to contact us to discuss how Common Trust can help. Together, we will work with you to create a customized solution to help your financial situation today and build for tomorrow without affecting your credit. Please call us at 781-933-2600 to discuss a plan that will work for you.
We know this is an uncertain time for all. As always, Common Trust is striving to do the best we can to serve our membership. By instituting these temporary rules, we further protect our employees and members to make sure we can continue to provide excellent service. Please do not hesitate to call me directly at 781-469-1101 or email me at [email protected] if you have any questions or concerns during this time.
President & Chief Executive Officer
Published March 13, 2020
We are monitoring the Coronavirus situation and focused on maintaining a healthy environment.
At Common Trust, we are monitoring the Coronavirus situation and are focused on maintaining a healthy environment for our members and employees.
As a result of increased concern over exposure to the virus, I encourage you to be safe and utilize the many options Common Trust has to remotely access your accounts and perform banking transactions.
Use Common Trust’s Online Banking to transfer funds, pay bills, check balances, view statements
- Already use Online Banking? Log-in here
- Want to sign up for Online Banking? Enroll here
- Deposit checks with the Common Trust Credit Union app, where you can also transfer funds, pay bills and check balances
- Download the Common Trust app
- Learn how to use Mobile Deposit
- Common Trust has 3 ATM’s that you can use for withdrawals and balance inquiries
- Find Common Trust ATM locations
(Don’t forget that you can use any CO-OP ATM for free)
Use Common Trust’s Phone Banking to check account balances, transfer funds, see if a check has cleared and much more. Call 1-855-726-9037 or 781-933-2600 option 1
Set-up a recurring bill payment through Common Trust Online Banking to be sure your mortgage or car loan is paid on time
You can always mail us a deposit or loan payment (please include a deposit slip or loan coupon)
Common Trust Credit Union
8 Cedar St.
Woburn, MA 01801
Our Member Service Center is happy to assist with your banking needs or answer any questions you may have. You can reach them by calling 781-933-2600.
Monday – Wednesday: 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Thursday: 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Friday: 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
We’re here to help you, so please reach out if you need us. Look for updates about how we are managing this situation on our website or through social media.
President & CEO